The History of Torrevento

The history of the Torrevento Estate begins in the heart of the Alta Murgia National Park, the first countryside park in Italy, a land where the inseparable relationship between man and nature dominates, where human activities and environment blend in perfect fusion with tradition. Here, in 1400, in the “Torre del Vento” (Tower of the Wind) district, a Benedictine monastery was constructed entirely of stone. Torre del Vento is a name that will mark our history, a history that starts in 1913, when Francesco Liantonio (grandfather of the namesake Francesco, current President of the firm Torrenvento Ltd.) just barely 16 years of age, decided to board the ship “Hamburg”, bound for New York, in search of fortune. Today, the bucolic character of the wine production is still the strength of our company. In a rugged and stony territory, we take advantage of the indigenous grape varieties best suited for expressing the winemaking vocation of the whole Apulian region. Our wine, aged, in precious oak barrels and small oak casks, according to the ancient local winemaking traditions alongside the most modern vinification techniques, are preserved in large cellars dug into the rock of the Benedictine monastery.


Verdeca

Straw yellow with slight greenish glints. Fine, delicate bouquet with a fresh, slightly acidulous flavor and fruity notes.

Click here to see the full Torrevento line